Friday, August 5, 2016

Summer Heat

The heat enfolds me as I step outside,
Warming me clear to my bones,
Dry and enveloping, like a welcome embrace.
I plunge into the cool water, refreshing and refreshed
and I never want to leave.


I couldn't live here, because I can't spend my whole life in a shaded pool, but it's a great place to visit.
I just got back from a short visit to Mexico, where I am finishing up some dental work.  I like the quiet efficiency of Mexico, a country full of ambitious entrepreneurs, experts practicing their arts and crafts, who have no need to flaunt their skill.  They have it, and it shows in their work.

The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy, Book 1, Coming Home, will be Book of the Day on OnlineBookClub.org for August 10, 2016!  It will be as discounted as possible, and is a great way to start this exciting series, just right for a lazy afternoon.  Enjoy!


The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy


No comments:

Post a Comment