Friday, March 25, 2016

Four Books At Once

In a few days, I leave for Japan.  I'm going to a splendid festival at Taiseki-ji, the head temple of the Nichiren Shoshu sect of Buddhism.  I will do some publicity for Books 1 and 2.  I will also do research for Book 4.

Book 3 is with its editor, and when I get back, I will swing into the production schedule so it can launch in June.   That will include rewriting and touching up, preparing front and back matter, the back cover, cover design, copyediting, illustrations and a dozen other things I don't remember right now.  Series publicity is ongoing.  And all the while Book 4 will be forming itself in my head so I can begin writing a draft after Book 3 is launched.

It's a little crazy-making, and it's only going to get worse as more books in the series come out.  But this is so much fun!

I plan to post here and on The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy's Facebook Page photographs and updates from the trip so you can be included and start guessing what's going in Book 4.  Even I don't know yet!

I have pictures of Taiseki-ji because I've been there before, but others do it better.  Here are a few.  It's huge, much larger than any other Japanese temple complex I have seen in terms of land, and these photos don't even scratch the surface.




No comments:

Post a Comment