Saturday, December 12, 2015

Write to Ski, Ski to Write

As ski season opens, I've been busy setting up my calendar so I can integrate ski teaching, ski learning, and the Really Big Deal, the rewrite of The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy series, Book Three, so it will come out on schedule early next summer.

Some outside activities get in a writer's way.  Others restore and propel creativity.  For me, certain sports refresh my mind, allow things to work on the back burner while the front of my mind is occupied with something else.  For some reason, laundry doesn't have the same effect.

When you think about holiday gifts, remember that when you give a book, you give more than an object.  You give an experience, one that can be repeated, an experience that inspires thought, creativity and curiosity like nothing else can.  Give a book, give a world.



Hard and e-formats available at:

No comments:

Post a Comment