Friday, March 27, 2015

It's GOOD!

Chasing Dreams, Book Two in The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy series, is GOOD!

After I finished the draft, I let it rest until the end of ski season.  I taught and prepared for the Professional Ski Instructor's Association exam, which I passed, while it rested enough to allow me to read it with critical eyes.

When I re-read the draft, I expected to find holes, lags, and other major re-write things to fix -- all the things I thought about when I couldn't sleep and should have been worrying over disabilities that affect skiing.  It's not ready to go out without an edit and copy edit, of course, but I was surprised at how little needs fixing, how the pace zips along, how there really isn't too much exposition, and how the things I hoped would be scary, or funny, or interesting actually turn out that way when I view the manuscript with fresh eyes.  This is a wonderful feeling for a writer to have.

Since I do plan another trip to Japan soon, during which I will happily research Book Three, among other important things, I'm going to get going on getting Chasing Dreams ready to publish, with an anticipated publishing date in June.

This is so exciting!


No comments:

Post a Comment