Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Ain't Superstitious

Rod Stewart and Jeff Beck -- Ain't Superstitious


The Truth album is my favorite of Rod Stewart's work.  And Jeff Beck, well, enough said.
Also check out the 1961 Howlin' Wolf version at the same link -- the real deal Chicago Blues from a master!

The lyrics to this song suggest something that seems universally true:  people SAY they aren't superstitious, but they rely on those little bits of folklore anyway.

I've recently heard a couple of new ones designed to bring snow, which California desperately needs, despite the recent NoCal storm.

Put a silver spoon under a feather pillow and sleep on it.  And wear your pajamas inside out and backwards.

Think they'll work?  They did in my presumptive cousin, author Marly Youmans',  hometown of Cooperstown, N.Y.!  (I think I've found where we cross, Marly!)

Enjoy rockin' the blues today, with some fabulous music!

1 comment:

  1. Funny how I felt a twinge at "hometown," even though I've lived here longer than anywhere else. It's mine but not mine at once...

    ReplyDelete