Wednesday, December 24, 2014

The Key to the Universe


When I was very small, I somehow got the notion that I wasn't allowed to read until I actually started kindergarten, when I would be officially "taught" and the wonderful world of books would become, at last, MINE!

I was very naughty.  I did it anyway.  Under the covers, up trees, in every hidey-hole I could find, anything I could get my hands on -- which made for an interesting literary mix, much of which went over my head, since dictionaries were still uncharted territory, but I didn't care.  Reading was the key to the universe!

It was a huge relief when I actually did start kindergarten and didn't have to sneak around any more.

The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy is still on sale at Amazon Kindle for your last minute shopping pleasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment